(Version effective as of 1 January 2019)
subject to the then current version of these terms published on our web site at www.
singularityusouthafricasummit.org at the time of your use. If you do not accept our terms of
use, you may not use our services.
- Our terms contain specific provisions to limit our liability, allocate risk or liability to you
or constitute acknowledgement of facts by you. You should pay particular attention to these
terms since they limit your ability to recover losses that you may incur in connection with
your use of our services.
- If you are not yet 18, you must obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ advance
of our services or participating in any of the activities offered. If you are under 18 and fail to
obtain such consent you may not use the services or participate in the activities. The use of
some of our services may require that you are over 18 and of full legal capacity. In such event
you should ask your parent or legal guardian to perform the transaction for you.
when published. Therefore, you should keep up-to-date with their content and read these
will apply to your use.
Part A: General Information and Terms
1 General Information
For your convenience, we have listed below some general information about ourselves:
- “We” are the Organisers of the SingularityU South Africa Summit and “us” and “our” have
a corresponding meaning herein.
- The Organiser of the Event(s) is a private company, Be Exponential Africa (Pty) Ltd,
incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa with registration
- The website is run by Magnesium Tech (Pty) Ltd, a group company of the Organiserand
situated at the same address.
- Our address of establishment is at 34 Bowling Avenue, Wendywood, Sandton, South
Africa, 2196 and we will accept service of all legal documents there.
- Our telephone number is Tel: +27 (0)11 259 7120
- Our web site is located at www.singularityusouthafrica.org
- Our e-mail address is email@example.com
- Our VAT number is 4060284942
- “We”, “us” and “our” means The Organiser of the SingularityU South Africa Summit
(and, unless the context indicates otherwise, its owners, employees, contractors, suppliers,
service providers, agents and affiliates);
- “You” means the user of our services;
- Hyperlinks, which are not operational, will not in any way detract from the validity and
interpretation of these terms.
3 General Conditions of Use
- You are solely responsible for any and all fees that may apply to your communications
with our computer systems.
- You may not access or use our computer systems for any purpose other than for utilizing
the services offered via such systems in the normal manner. You may not access our
computer systems for the purposes of redistributing or otherwise using any of our content for
your own business purposes unless you are expressly licensed thereto by us in writing. You
may not use your access to our computer systems in a manner that would bring us, our
business and/or any of our affiliates into disrepute. Furthermore, you may not access our
computer systems for unlawful purposes or use it in a manner which infringes our rights or
the rights of any other person or restricts or inhibits the use of or enjoyment of our computer
systems by any other person including the Sponsors and their affiliates. In this regard, you
must comply with the laws, regulations and codes of conduct applicable to your use of our
computer systems. You may not to post or transfer any material to our computer systemsthat
is unlawful or violates any third party’s rights or which is obscene, misleading, inaccurate,
defamatory, illegal, in breach of any copyright or other intellectual property right, or
damaging to data, software or the performance of our or any other parties’ computer system.
We may delete any material you have submitted to our computer systems and/or suspend
your access to any part of our computer systems at any time without notice.
- We do not usually monitor, edit, control or filter the content submitted to our computer
systems by our users or related to our system on other platforms. Such content, including as
may be found in blogs, forums, chat groups, comment sections and bulletin boards, do not
represent our views and we have not authorized or endorsed such content. Such content
should also not be viewed as professional advice of any kind, be it medical, legal, financial or
otherwise. Please notify us if you have a complaint about the activities of or content
submitted by a user of our computerised services.
- Notwithstanding that our computer systems may enable access to third party systems and
that some third-party systems may contain enable access to our computer systems we do not
control, endorse or approve the activities or content made available via any such third partysystems. Please contact the relevant system proprietor if you have a complaint about the
activities or content made available via a third-party system.
- Proprietary rights (including without limitation, the trade marks, copyright and patent
rights) in our computer systems and the content thereof belong to us and our licensors,
including in the compilations, collective works and derivative works created incorporating
the content of our users.
- THE DOWNLOADING AND USE OF DATA FROM OUR COMPUTER
SYSTEMS IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION. YOU SHOULD
INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY THE COMPLETENESS AND RELIABILITY OF
INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS. ALSO BE
AWARE THAT VIRUSES OR CODE WHICH MAY HAVE A HARMFUL EFFECT
ON YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM COULD BE TRANSMITTED TO YOU. YOU ARE
RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUITABLE PROTECTION MECHANISMS
TO PREVENT SUCH HARM FROM OCCURRING.
- ACCESS TO OUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND SERVICES IS PROVIDED TO
YOU FREE OF CHARGE. RELIANCE ON AND USE OF OUR COMPUTER
SYSTEMS, CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE THEREFORE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF
ANY KIND IN CONTRACT, DELICT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE OR
OTHERWISE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR RELIANCE ON OR USE
OF OUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR THE CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED,
SAVE TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY
APPLICABLE LAW OR THE CONTRARY IS EXPRESSLY STATED.
- We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole and absolute discretion, to make
changes to any parts of our computer systems. We specifically reserve the right at any time to
change or discontinue without notice, any aspect and/or feature of our services.
- We also reserve the right, without notice and in our sole and absolute discretion, to make
occasion prior to making use of our services. If you continue to use our computer systems
- You may be required to choose a user name and a password when registering with us or
using some of our services. You are responsible for keeping your user name and password
secret. You will be required to enter your username and password every time you want to use
one of our subscription services. YOU ACCEPT THAT YOU WILL BE PERSONALLY
LIABLE FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS CONCLUDED ON YOUR ACCOUNT.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will collate the information which you
give to us to provide you with services and personalize your use of our services. We may also
use such information to inform you about changes in the services we offer and/or about
features we think you would find of interest. By giving us information, you consent to our use
of it for these purposes.
- We have to protect our business and secure our computer systems. Consequently, you
should note that we may monitor and keep records of any communication that you may send
to or receive from our computer systems and we may use, publish and disclose such
communications for any lawful purpose. This may include our filtering of incoming and
outgoing electronic data messages to identify, limit and/or prevent the transmission of
unlawful or otherwise undesirable material or content.
Part B: Ticket Purchasing Terms
- All ticket prices for the Event(s) that occur in the Republic of South Africa are stated in
South African Rand (ZAR) and are payable in ZAR. If you are making use of our service
from outside South Africa you are solely liable for any currency conversion costs, exchange
rate fluctuations and international bank fees that may be charged by your bank or financial
services provider in addition to the advertised price of the ticket.
- Please Note: Either Bank Wire Transfer (Electronic Funds Transfer – EFT) or Credit
Cards (American Express, Diners, Visa and Master card) are accepted for online credit card
payments. Cheque payments are NOT accepted.
Organiser’s terms and rules applicable to the particular event which primary terms are set out
on the Booking Page. Each ticket that you purchase from us is intended to be a revocable
license to attend the particular event to which the ticket pertains only and will not enable you
to attend any other event.
ticket issued to you are enforceable against the Event Organiser only and are regulated by the
Ticket Terms. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the relevant Ticket Terms
before submitting a booking request.
- All payments must be made payable to Be Exponential Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- The SingularityU South Africa Summit 2019 reserves the right to amend the listed rates
should the prevailing rate of VAT be increased or changed. The same applies should any new
levy or tax be imposed.
2 Booking Process
- To book tickets, you will be required to complete the prescribed booking form/sheet. You
must be over the age of 18 and able to conclude binding contracts to submit a booking to us
or, if you under the age of 18, you must have obtained the consent of your parents or legal
guardian to submit a booking to us. If you do not comply with the aforesaid you may not
submit any booking for tickets via our computer systems. We may require you to provide us
with suitable documents proving your age and/or the consent of your parents or legal
guardian prior to accepting any booking from you. You also need to have the requisite
authority to book tickets on behalf of others from your company or associates failing which
you may be liable for the full payment of the amount due.
- You may (for corporate bookings) submit booking requests for tickets to us by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org and completing our automated booking process and submitting
your payment information to us in the prescribed manner. Our booking process will provide
you with an opportunity to review the entire transaction, to correct any mistakes and to
withdraw from the transaction before finally submitting your booking request. Please make
sure that the booking details are correct before submitting the booking request, since it is
unlikely that any mistake you make can be rectified later. We may limit your booking to a
specified number of persons to discourage unfair booking practices.
- Once submitted, your booking request will constitute an offer on the terms and conditions
agreement with you. It is your responsibility to review such terms before making a booking.
Following receipt of your booking request, we will send you a confirmation notice
confirming acceptance or rejection of your booking request containing the relevant booking
- A legally binding contract will be formed between us upon the earlier of (i) our sending of
such a confirmation notice confirming our acceptance of your booking, or (ii) our delivery of
the tickets ordered in accordance with these terms. We reserve the right not to accept or
process your booking request and we will notify you if this is the case. In particular, we may
refuse to sell you tickets to events for which you do not meet the specified qualification
criteria, including if you do not comply with the minimum age for the particular event
stipulated by law or if the number of persons in your booking exceeds any applicable limit
specified for the relevant event.
- Please note that while we will try to send to you a confirmation notice for every valid
booking request we receive from you, we cannot guarantee that such confirmation notice will
be received by you, nor that, if they are received by you, that they will be legible and
uncorrupted. Your failure to receive such confirmation notice will not affect the validity of
the agreement concluded between us in respect of a booking.
- If you do not receive a confirmation notice after submitting your payment information, or
if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting your payment
information, you should confirm with us whether or not your order has been received and
processed. Only you may be aware of any problems that may have occurred during the
booking process. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES YOU MAY INCUR
IF YOU ASSUME THAT A BOOKING WAS NOT PROCESSED BECAUSE YOU
FAILED TO RECEIVE OUR CONFIRMATION NOTICE.
- The information you have submitted with your booking request will be processed as you
have provided it. If you realise that an error has been made or that you need to make a change
to such information, you should contact us immediately.
your order and any such conflicting terms or conditions will not form part of any agreement
concluded between us in respect of the booking of tickets.
- We will retain records of ticket purchases made by you and you will be able to access
outstanding booking requests with us by request or log in. Such records may be archived at
any time as from six months after your purchase and will then become inaccessible to you.
For information on archived records you can call our Customer Care Centre.
- If any problems arise in respect of delivery or the handling of your ticket
purchases, please contact us at email@example.com or on +27 (0)11 259 7120
3 Description and Pricing
- The details of the Event(s) (including the details of the relevant Event Organiser, venues
and seating arrangements) for which tickets are offered will be as described on our web site at
- The supply of tickets offered to you depends upon the availability thereof. We may
without prior notice change the price, change or discontinue the availability or change the
description of venues or events for which tickets are made available.
- Unless otherwise stated, all ticket prices displayed are in South African Rand. All prices
indicated as applying to tickets will be exclusive of delivery fees which may be separately
charged to you in respect of all deliveries in accordance with the specified rates. In the event
of a cancellation, exchange or replacement of tickets at your request a stipulated handling fee
and/or a cancelation fee may also apply.
- All prices indicated as applying to tickets will be inclusive of VAT but exclusive of any
other taxes and duties, which, unless otherwise indicated, will be charged separately if
- You will be required to provide the necessary payment account details (such as credit card
details) when submitting your booking request. By submitting a booking request to us, you
authorise us to debit your designated account with the relevant amounts due for the tickets
ordered. Such authorization will allow us to obtain payment at any time after our
confirmation of your booking. We will not be obliged to issue any tickets to you prior to
receiving full payment of the full agreed amount payable in respect of such tickets. Should
we be unable to duly effect such payment for any reason your booking may be cancelled and
your tickets may be resold to another customer without further notice. You warrant that you
are duly authorised to make payments from the account designated by you. You also
authorise us to pay all amounts to be refunded to you into such account.
A correctly completed registration will be acknowledged as “successful” on the website and
an email will be generated and sent to the purchaser (who’s email needs to be correctly and
accurately input). Where tickets are successfully purchased by a buyer on behalf of others, for
whom the buyer must have authorisation, a mail will be sent to each individual for whom a
purchase and registration has been made and a voucher issued so that the relevant individual
may go online and redeem and print his/her ticket.A purchase will only be valid once full payment of the amount owed is received and cleared
by the Organiser in advance of the Event and subject to other relevant terms and conditions
5 Ticket Collection and Delivery
The following options are available based on your selection at the time of check out;
- Download an electronic ticket or reference number
- Print your ticket(s) at home/office
- Have your ticket(s) delivered to you (Corporate Packages only)
- In the case of requested and confirmed delivery, we recommend that you ensure
collection of your ticket(s) at least 48 hours before the event. You will be required to present
your credit card, reasonably acceptable photo identification (ID book or passport) and any
booking number that we may have issued to you. We will not be obliged to provide the
tickets to anyone failing to provide us with such details.
- You may be provided with electronic tickets containing unique identification numbers,
barcodes and/or access codes. You are responsible for keeping such identification numbers,
barcodes and/or access codes secure since such identification numbers, barcodes and/or
access codes will enable the first user thereof to access to the relevant event and only a single
use thereof will be permitted.
- You may sometimes elect to have your tickets delivered to you at a specified delivery
address. Such delivery will generally be done by courier. Any such delivery will be subject to
the courier’s delivery terms. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU
APPOINT THE COURIER ON SUCH COURIER TERMS WHEN YOU ELECT TO
HAVE THE TICKETS DELIVERED TO YOU. You will be required to pay the delivery
fees charged by such courier for delivery of the tickets and such fees are not refundable under
- The courier will only deliver tickets within certain designated areas. If your specified
delivery address does not fall within these areas, the courier will not be able to deliver the
applicable tickets to you. If your specified delivery address is within the designated delivery
areas, we will endeavour to have your tickets delivered to you within a reasonable time of
your booking, but we will require at least 4 (four) working days (Mondays to Fridays
excluding public holidays) from the date of purchase. Unless otherwise agreed, delivery will
be made during business hours on working days (Monday to Friday 08h30 to 17h00) only,
and may be arranged with you in advance.
- Upon delivery of tickets, you or any person accepting delivery on your behalf will be
required to present the courier with your credit card and ID. We are entitled to assume that
anyone other than yourself who receives delivery of the tickets at the specified delivery
address is authorised to accept delivery on your behalf.
- Additional delivery fees may be charged for failed deliveries to the specified delivery
address if nobody is present to accept delivery at a prearranged time.
6 Ticket Resales
- Reselling of tickets purchased from us is strictly prohibited. Any resale of tickets
purchased from us (or attempt) will entitle us to cancel such tickets and to resell them to our
other customers. The reseller will still be liable for the Fee and be liable for any costs
incurred by the Organiser in attempting to rectify the situation. No ticket purchased from us
may be used for advertising, promotion or competition purposes unless formal written
authorization has been obtained from us, provided that even if such consent is obtained, you
may not use our trademarks save as expressly authorised by us.
7 Lost, Stolen and Destroyed Tickets
- Only the first person using a ticket or, in the case of an electronic ticket, using the unique
identification numbers, barcodes and/or access codes provided with such electronic ticket,
will be permitted access to an event. Risk for loss and damage to the tickets shall pass to you
upon your receipt thereof. Tickets that have been lost, stolen or destroyed will not be
refunded or replaced for any reason.
8 Cancellations, Refunds and Exchanges
- Please refer to the Cancellations, Returns, Refunds Policy
(1) We will try to ensure that sensitive payment information (such as your credit card details)
provided to us are suitably protected. For such purposes we will implement reasonable
security measures which may include cryptographic techniques to protect such information.
HOWEVER, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SECURITY OF ANY
INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US OR THAT IS TRANSMITTED TO YOU
OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
- Attendance at an event may be hazardous to the health or safety of the attendees or their
property. YOU ATTEND EVENTS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ARRANGEMENTS OF ANY EVENT OR FOR YOUR
SECURITY OR THE SECURITY OF YOUR PROPERTY IN ATTENDING SUCH
EVENT. Please contact the relevant Event Organiser if you have suffered any loss or damage
in attending an event.
- Please also refer to the Customer Data Privacy and Security Policy
10 Use of Your Personal Information
- Please refer to the Customer Data Privacy and Security Policy
11 Warranties and Liability
The Organiser does take responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale
of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution
and delivery of goods however the following warranties and liability clauses shall apply:
- ALTHOUGH WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE PARTICULARS OF THE
EVENT(S) THAT APPEAR ON OUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS ARE DISPLAYED
AND DESCRIBED COMPLETELY AND ACCURATELY, WE DO NOT WARRANT
SAME AND DISCLAIM TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY
APPLICABLE LAW ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY OMISSIONS AND
INACCURACIES PERTAINING TO SUCH DISPLAY AND DESCRIPTION SAVE
TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LIABILITY IS CAUSED BY OUR GROSS
NEGLIGENCE OR FRAUD.
- WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING IN
CONNECTION WITH ANY BOOKING (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STATUTE
OR DELICT, INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE), SAVE TO THE EXTENT THAT
SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW.
- IN NO EVENT WILL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BOOKING EXCEED THE TICKET
PRICE ACTUALLY RECEIVED FROM YOU IN RESPECT OF SUCH BOOKING,
IRRESPECTIVE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
STATUTE OR DELICT, INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE), SAVE TO THE
EXTENT THAT SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW.
Part C: Complaints and General
(1) We aim to provide you with quality services. If, however, you feel that you have cause to
complain, you can email is at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +27 (0)11 259 7120
on Monday to Friday 08h30 to 17h00 (GMT + 2h00). We will try to do our best to resolve
any problems that arise. We require that you provide us with the following information as
part of your complaint:
Your full names, physical address, telephone number and email address
- The location and description of the service feature or transaction which is the cause of your
- The problem with the service or transaction or rights that you allege to be infringed by such
feature or component
- The actions you would like us to take to remedy the problem
- A statement confirming that you are making the complaint in good faith
- A statement confirming that the information you are providing to us is to the best of your
knowledge true and correct
- Please incorporate your signature into the complaint
(2) Use of our computer systems and services are subject to the laws of the Republic of South
Africa, and subject to the jurisdiction of any South African Magistrate’s Court of competent
such court’s jurisdiction, and you consent thereto. You agree to accept service of legal
process at the addresses you may provide to us.
respect to your use of our computer systems, the services offered and any products and
such conflicting terms or conditions will not form part of the agreement concluded between
(4) Our failure to enforce any provision of this agreement strictly will not be construed as a
waiver of any provision or right. In the event that a portion of this agreement is held
unenforceable or invalid by any competent authority, the unenforceable portion will be
construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original
intentions of the parties, and the remainder of the provisions will remain in force and effect to
the fullest extent permitted by the law.
(5) You may not subcontract, cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of your rights, obligations
or duties hereunder to any other person without our prior written consent. We may cede,
delegate, transfer and assign our rights, obligations and duties hereunder to any other person.
(6) WE WILL BE EXCUSED FROM A FAILURE TO PERFORM OR DELAY IN
PERFORMANCE OF OUR OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER IF AND TO THE
EXTENT THAT CIRCUMSTANCES OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL
PREVENT OR DELAY SUCH PERFORMANCE.
Part D: Organiser Information
The Organiser’s details are email@example.com and 011 259 7120
For Sponsors: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Exhibitors: email@example.com
For Tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be Exponential Africa (Pty) Ltd, the Organiser, chooses as its domicilium citandi et
executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process,
notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 34 Bowling Avenue,
Wendywood, Sandton, 2196